VACANCIES/ Lenovo ISG Support Engineer
Lenovo ISG Support Engineer
The Lenovo ISG Support Engineer will be a member of the Service Delivery team and will be responsible for supporting clients’ Data Centers as a member of the Datacenter Solutions support team. will be working directly under the Service Delivery Manager and will visit customers’ sites to resolve their incidents when required or remotely if possible.
Main responsibilities will not be limited to the following:
• Troubleshooting and supporting Lenovo ISG Products Servers, Storage, Networking, and other peripherals.
• Provide Technical Support in a 24x7x365 high availability.
• Sets up and installs equipment, hardware, and cabling on Data Center equipment and peripherals.
• Performs general and preventative maintenance and plans downtime procedures.
• Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to arrange support or repair of server, Storage, and network for HW/SW problems.
• Plan and execute data center migrations and upgrades.
• Perform firmware and driver updates in live client environments.
• Work with clients on agreed maintenance windows
• Follow up with the customer and vendor on pending tickets.
• Follow all appropriate maintenance procedures and instructions and ensure that upon completion of the maintenance, the task is in compliance with the required requirements.
Brief Description of the task to be accomplished:
• Have good knowledge of Datacenter hardware and software issues.
• Have good knowledge of solving problems through root-cause elimination.
• Be able to Present effective POC/demo to clients.
• Be able to work quickly under pressure without supervision.
• Be able to understand technical diagrams and manuals.
Primarily Skills and Experiences:
• Excellent experience in installation, configuration, and troubleshooting for Lenovo ISG products.
• Excellent experience in ITSM and inventory management.
• Excellent experience in document quality and control.
• Excellent experience in Lenovo Servers and storage and Networking setup and support.
• Excellent experience in XClarity Systems Management including configuration and troubleshooting.
• Excellent experience in Windows Server including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Excellent experience in Linux including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Excellent experience in VMware including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting.
• Experience in NAS/SAN and Tape/Archive
• Experience in backup & restore.
• Experience in Data Migrations
• Experience in virtualization
Secondary Skills and Experiences:
• Prior experience as a Level 2 support engineer
• ITIL V4 certificate and experience
• Microsoft: Certificate relates to Azure, MCSA, and MCSE certifications preferred (server operating systems, infrastructure, and cloud)
• Red Hat: RHCSA, RHCE, preferred (Datacenter, Cloud)
• Networking Switch: CCNA preferred.
• VMware: VCP6-DCV strongly
• Nutanix: NCP NCAP preferred.
• Experience in Network and Security.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
Soft Skills and Languages:
• Bilingual – English and Arabic are preferred.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Willing to learn quickly.
• Experience in a client-facing role with proven success in communication methods
• Highly organized, hard worker, self-motivated, and result-driven individual.
• Ability to work well in groups and independently.
• Able and willing to share on-call responsibilities with peers.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.