Cadillac is introducing the 2019 Sport Edition, a bold new look for those who aren’t afraid of the dark. Arrived in the Qatar this June 2019, this new black-accented version is the first special edition available for the award-winning SUV.
Offered on, Premium Luxury and Platinum models, the new Sport Edition is distinguished by gloss black exterior trim, including the front grilles, window moldings, body side moldings and more, as well as a unique Midnight Silver finish on the standard 22-inch wheels.
Christian Soemmer, Managing Director of Cadillac Middle East, said, “The Escalade has long set a benchmark for luxury, comfort and performance, and the SUV’s popularity among Middle East drivers has proven its pre-eminence in the category. The new Sport Edition further elevates the exclusivity that the Escalade is known for, something that customers in the region value dearly.”
Escalade has led the full-size luxury SUV segment in sales in the U.S.A for 15 of its 20 years on the road, driven by a powerful blend of sophisticated style, uncompromising capability, innovative technology and exceptional craftsmanship.
Escalade’s list of awards keeps growing. J.D. Power named the Escalade as having the ‘Best Initial Quality and Resale Value among Large Premium SUVs,’ and Consumer Guide® Automotive named it a Best Buy Award winner for five consecutive years. It has also topped the prestigious Middle East Car of the Year (MECOTY) honours list having previously won the ‘Best Large Premium SUV’ category.
A powerful 6.2L V-8 engine rated at an SAE-certified 420 hp (313 kW) drives all models. Each model is standard in 4WD.
As with other Cadillac models, the Escalade features the latest Cadillac user experience system, offering connectivity and embedded navigation with intuitive, smartphone-like functionality.
Additional highlights and select features offered include:
- Magnetic Ride Control with driver-selectable modes.
- Automatic Parking Assist.
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats with power-folding third row.
- Heated and cooled front seats with heated second-row bucket seats.
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents.
- 3-inch-diagonal instrument cluster display with high-resolution digital driver information center.
- Bose® Centerpoint audio system featuring 16 speakers.
- Hands-free liftgate with Cadillac logo illumination.