VACANCIES/ Laboratory Manager
Gulf Laboratories - Laboratory
Management of laboratory operations, providing commercial and technical leadership
- Laboratory operations management: staffing, optimisation of workflows, supervise laboratory information management (LIMS)
- Laboratory commercial management: business development, outline the commercial strategy in consultation with the GM, preparation of proposals, contract management, procurement.
- Laboratory technical management: support technical leaders and heads of laboratories. Keeps abreast of technical developments.
Major job responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Laboratory process management
- Laboratory information management
- Monthly performance reporting, inc. financial
- Process improvement and optimisation
- Coordinate equipment acquisition
- Coordinate maintenance requirements
- Coordination of proposal preparation
- Commercial strategy
- Client relationship management
- Management of resources (staff, equipment)
- Invoicing and credit management
- Contract administration for projects
- Monitor sales pipeline
- Coordinate technical discussions
- Good understanding of analysis techniques and reporting requirements
- Good understanding of ISO17025 protocols
St. 13 Salwa Industrial Area Office
University degree in field of natural sciences (ideally in chemistry, physics or materials sciences)
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience with LIMS is considered an asset.
Diploma in business management or economics
- Leadership and organisational skills
- Fluent in English Language
- Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel, as well as experience using Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
Years of Experience Desired:
At least 5 years in a laboratory environment, overall minimum 15 years.