- Geophysical Survey Works: Multichannel Analysis of Surface waves (MASW), P-Wave Tomography, Downhole and cross hole seismic survey works, Seismic Refraction (SR), Electrical Resistivity Tomography (ERT), Vertical Electrical Sounding (VES), Ground Probing Radar (GPR), Electromagnetic (EM) Surveys and geophysical well logging.
- Data processing and interpretation of MASW by Surfseis, P-Wave Tomography by Seisimager and Geotomo, Downhole and Crosshole by seisimager, Seismic Refraction by Seisimager and Plotrefa, electrical Resistivity Tomography by Res2DInv, VES by IX1D and – GPR by Reflex.
- Software Familiarization: Surfer, Geosoft, AutoCAD, MS office (word, excel, Power Point)
- Acquisition Software: Seismudule Controller, AGI Software for Sting 112 for ERT.
- Logging soil and rock core samples, prepare borehole and trial pit logs, perform field and laboratory testing. Prepare factual geotechnical report, field supervision, including data collection, ensuring that works are performed in accordance with project specifications.
- On site supervision of drilling rigs planning, scheduling of resources, arranging plant hire as required and monitoring project progress against plan
- Perform geophysical surveys, data acquisition, data interpretation and reporting
- Trial Pitting (sampling, logging, photography & etc.)
- Perform lab tests and in-situ field tests (thermal resistivity, electrical resistivity, pressure meter, packer permeability & etc.
- Sampling and core logging in accordance with BS 5930
- Preparation of borehole and trial pit logs, daily progress reports
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the Company’s established policies and procedures regarding quality, health, safety and environment.
- Ensure that continual safety vigilance and awareness is reinforced to all subordinates and all work is performed to the highest standards of safety.
- Maintains good housekeeping in his workplace.
- Be focused on the needs of the customer / client and strive to exceed their expectations.
MSc. in Geology, Geophysics or related subject
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Working towards chartership
- Fluent in English Language
- Computer Literate
- Full Clean Driving License
Years of Experience Desired:
Experience at least 5 years working with a geophysical geotechnical site investigation company