Senior Engineer – Safety
Civil Projects Dept.
Facilitate the implementation of the corporate HSEMS and ensure safe working practices.
Major Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Managing the corporate HSE Management System and implemented accordingly to our Mannai various business units.
- Developing, revising, editing, and finalizing our Organization HSE Policy and Management System Manual Plan and Program.
- Implementing and monitoring the Mannai HSE Policy and Management System Manual Plan introducing to our various Business Units
- Acting as the HSE authority within the organization providing professional advice
- In-charge of all HSE documents, and helps Business unit asking for answering the HSE Questionnaires during their Tendering process and requirement.
- Ensuring work performed by company’s personnel and subcontractors achieves the required HSE standards.
- Prompt reporting of HSE failure.
- Regular reporting of HSE performance.
- Encourage timely and effective corrective actions, Encourage safe operations.
- Performing and reporting inspections as required by contract, specification, system documentation or legislation;
- Provision of HSE support to investigations regarding injury/incidents, nonconformity or environmental incidents.
- Carry out spot checks of individuals’ PPE.
- Participates in safety reviews as required.
- Assists with industrial hygiene surveys to identify and quantify occupational workplaces stresses.
- Conducts regular safety inspection of site, operating plant and equipment.
- Monitor/ensure that Risk Assessment & toolbox talks are in place prior start work.
- Assist in the implementation and training of management of change (MOC) procedure;
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of permit to work (PTW) system and provides independent oversight by reviewing selected permits issued to operations personnel
- Encourage the use of STOP system.
- Carryout onsite HSE training for all worksite personnel.
- Act as Employees HSE representative to ensure open channel of communication to management regarding HSE.
- Maintaining the corporate HSE records and undertaking statistical analysis.
- Guide individual companies during the planning and implementation of their HSE trainings.
- As the Corporate HSE Management Representative, you have the authority to suspend any operations which you consider to be unsafe or in serious breach of the Corporate HSE Policy and/or Safety Procedures.
- Conducts Emergency Evacuation Fire Drills & HSE In-house Training to various Mannai Business Units
- Conducts Inspection and Monitoring to all Mannai Fire alarm & fire fighting systems and fire extinguishers to various business units of our organization
- Coordinates the Fire alarm system & Fire fighting system contractor, Business Unit Manager for the Civil Defence Inspection schedule and documents requirement; follow-up to CDD Engineers inspection report and its compliance.
- Prepare the Semi Annual Lost Time Incidents reports of whole Mannai and to be submitted to Ministry of Labour accordingly (MOI).
- On calls 24/7 from our Security personnel and Facilities staff.